Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dickering in Dilli Haat

Yesterday I was not at all in the mood or rather i should say i didn't even feel like coming to office(As I wanted to sleep few more hours, then shop and meet one of my old friend who came from Bangalore). He was putting up at Connaught Place(some hotel). So I wanted to meet him somewhere where I could both enjoy and shop. It was quite obvious that we both came out with meeting place in Delhi Haat’. Nestled in the famous INA shopping complex area, it is just 5 miles from Connaught Place. A total exclusive shopping experience in the backdrop of Indian folk culture of every region is some thing nobody wants to miss.

For the people who can die for the ethnic memoirs of India, this place is a heaven on earth. As per my knowledge ace this market has been developed by the Tourist Deptt. of Delhi, to enhance the craftsmanship of our country. From the original Andamanese cane products or phulkari from Punjab or kullu shawls or kanchi silk, you will get some thing or the other exclusive specialty from all the parts of India. Products are here are surprisingly reasonably priced perhaps because the place uniquely avoids the middlemen and is government controlled. I bought a beautiful Bandhani Skirt, One cool Cotton Kurti, where as my friend (Doing all justice to his glutton status) wasted all his money in devouring the Indian delicacies. He virtually went nuts after seeing that almost all state cuisines are represented there by rotation.

In any given day for a small family, outing or ethnic shopping while some one wants to have some good time. This place is one of my favorite places while I want to do some shopping in Delhi and at the same time want to spend some quality time with the people I love.

Some Basic Information
Entrée- Rs 10 per adult / Rs 7 per child
The complex is open from 11 A.M to 10 P.M
Credit cards are generally accepted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good blog. keep up.

Deeba PAB said...

Nice to see so much Delhi in great detail. Good for you...I like your passion!