Monday, April 28, 2008

An Evening at Lajpat Nagar

Ofcourse there is nothing like getting away for the weekend to get your dear ones together. It’s fun to spend time with like minded group of people. For me, celebrating my day of freedom (holiday), are simply sharing time and doing things with friends. Especially, when you are way from your home then your friends become your family. Then, a simple walk in the market, having Chaat or even a window shopping, with your friends become a rewarding experience.
For different reasons, I was not being able to catch up with my friends, for quite some times. This Sunday evening, curtsey to Avinash, we all met in Lajpat Nagar market, near the Ashram Chowk. As usual, as the part of my guest appearance I came late. And after reaching there I realize all of most of my friends came there to do some good window shopping. In our college days too, we always relied on Lajpat Nagar market for fashionable cloths and other general items. Be it any occasion we head for this market to get some thing for ourselves.

Not only us I have seen and heard (from my Delhi NCR friends) that this market is always a hot favorite with the middle class and the students sections. Due to its prime location and proximity to the areas like Ashram, Maharani Bagh, East of Kailash and the Friends Colony, this market, is a popular shopping place for Delhiites. Closed on Monday, Lajatpat Nagar central market will offer you shops which have one of the finest bridal and festive collection as a very reasonable rate.

In this one-stop market, you will find a wide range of items staring form ethnic Indian wear to the latest western style clothing. Household items to footwear, all trendy accessories, bags, jewellery, leather, silver ware- Think of anything and you will be able to get it here.. From 35 rupees fixed clothing shop to exclusive premium shops- this place have something for everyone.

Here I usually love to shop till I drop. I can put my bargaining skills to test. Like me if you are too love to wear cotton suits and then buy some great stuff from the shop Sabhyata. For me another prime attraction of this market is the Mehndiwalas I love to see my hands adorn with beautiful henna designs. For one of my dear friends the main attraction is mouth watering delicacies, which the eateries of this market offer. Personally I like the steaming Momos sold by the Tibetan ladies here near the shop Gokul’s.

So after lots of shopping, hogging delicious street foods and having a gala time with friends, when I was returning home I was thinking about only one thing- I will be back soon.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, in very beautiful words you have described the market of Lajpat Nagar. While going through this article, the whole Lajpat Nagar market flashed in front of my eyes.